bloggercollage

bloggercollage

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

MEGA UPDATE!

So everyone this is a post that I apparently started WAY back in August 2011... I wanted to post it so I had these memories documented for Logan.  So please bear with me as I get myself back up to speed.

Well it's been um, 3 months since I posted something... yeah I hope none of you were holding your breath for my next post!

So much has obviously happened in 3 months so lets get into it.

Here we go!
Wednesday 5/25/2011 I was at home and was just putting some dishes in the sink while Logan was playing on the floor with some toys. All was quiet until he started to complain a bit, I came around the kitchen counter to see what he was doing and to my surprise Logan was on the other side of the room from where I put him. Now this wasn't completely out of the ordinary as he had been rolling himself across the room for about a week or so, but what was different was that he was sitting upright. Normally he was still on his back or stomach from rolling. Then it just hit me right then... OH MY GOD....... did my baby CRAWL?!
Scooting all over the place
Up close!


Well I immediately grabbed the video camera and hit record. I called to Logan and asked him to come to me. Well with a little coaxing and shaking of numerous toys, my 5 1/2 month old crawled over to me!  Above are a few photos of him crawling.  He has to get up close to the camera to "inspect".

Of course, being the hormone driven emotional mess that I am some days I cried (of course) out of happiness but still cried (I'm sure Logan must think his mom is crazy)


June 4th we went to Mt. Vernon for my sister's company picnic.  It was nice to get out of the house and spend a really beautiful day out and took Logan for his first history lesson.  I have to say the last time I was there I think it was with my Girl Scout troop and I have no clue how old I was, but I remembered it being much bigger than it really was.  George and Martha really knew what they were doing because the view off the porch looking out over the Potomac was just fabulous and there was a nice breeze.

So cute!
Hangin' with George and Martha





We had Logan baptised/christened (whichever way you want to put it) on June 5, 2011. It was part of the Sunday service and it was just a simple and nice WELCOME as one of God's children. He BARELY fit into his christening outfit and thankfully a few weeks earlier I had taken him to get his belated Easter photos and Christening photos.

On June 15th he turned 6 months old. (where did the time go) On 6/17/11 he had his 6 month check up and weighed in at 19lbs 12oz and 27 3/4 inches long. He has gained exactly 10 lbs and almost 7 inches since birth. Around this time Logan has been crawling for about and month and he is everywhere! Someone hit the turbo button with this little boy, because boy can he scoot!

On top of this, he is pulling himself up standing! At his dr. appointment she asked about what all he was doing and I told her. She raised her eyebrows and said "He's pulling himself up?" "Really?" I told her "Yes" and that I thought it was a bit early, and she was like "Um, yes, normally that's a 8 month old thing". Well I'm thrilled that he can do this because he's strong enough but I feel like he is growing too fast! I need him to stay small just a bit longer!

We have been to the pool a few times this summer and I'm very happy to say that my kid is a water baby.  Loves it!  The water he has no problem with, the screaming/screeching kids at the pool, well that is different.  He clings to me like a baby Koala and buries his face in my neck.  So we spend most of the time in the baby pool.  We have ventured out into the big pool a few more times since I was able to blow up his float.  He LOVES this and I love that it has a built in shade, because he no longer will keep his hat or sunglasses on for long.

Logan has started to go to a part-time day care for a few hours 3 times a week to cover the overlap from when my mom has to go to work and I come home.  I am still driving into DC everyday but I am definitely looking for something closer to home. ( i don't need to tell any of you how much that commute stinks!)

Logan is much more talkative and he is constantly babbling to everyone.  I know that it probably isn't his REAL first word, but he does "mamamamama" quite often so I'm always happy when I hear that!

He loves to go for walks in the stroller with me (usually we are out the door by 7am on the weekends to get a walk in before it gets too hot, and for me to get a cup of coffee!)

He is so inquisitive, getting into everything.  He likes to pull the clothes out of my drawers in my bedroom, and also playing with the pots and pans while I'm cleaning up the kitchen in the evenings.


We've started sleep training and the first attempt in late June was an epic fail on my behalf and I've started again.  We've been doing ok, but I have a feeling this is going to take a while.  Perhaps this is karma coming back to me but I've been told that I didn't consistently sleep through the night until I was almost 2!  (I'm still not the worlds best sleeper)

Here we are at 8 months old (well on the 15th) and I'm just thrilled with every moment I spend with my Logan.  He just makes me so very happy.


















No comments:

Post a Comment