bloggercollage

bloggercollage

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You Are my Sunshine

Blogging.  Everyone is doing it, so I figured I'd start up too. 

As a new parent of a fabulous little boy, my life now does revolve around him.  I find myself thinking of fun things to do with him and songs to sing to him (it's amazing how I've managed to remember the words to a ton of childrens songs). 

Logan is just shy of 4 months and I am just shocked at how fast these first few months with him have gone.  I was lucky enough to be able to stay home with him for the first 12 weeks and be able to enjoy those first precious months with him 24/7. 

He has grown so much and I think is pretty advanced for an almost 4 month old.  He rolls from tummy to back and everynow and then from back to tummy.  He is not quite sitting up on his own, but if he use the boppy he can sit up for about 5-10 minutes sometimes with the occasional flop from side to side. He "talks" quite a bit somedays and others he's much more silent, but no matter the day he always has a big gummy smile for me when I come home from work.

Sleeping has begun to be much better and he is now sleeping about 4 -5 hour stretches as night, waking only to feed.  Even that is realtively painless, he eats, burps and goes back down without too much fuss.  Now if only nap time was as easy.  He gets himself sometimes so overtired and worked up that he fights taking a nap.  Between mom and I we have been able to learn the signs of when he is tired and try to start getting him down for a nap before he's ready to have a meltdown.

Below are a few photos from the first few months and more to come as I am sure I will have many things to write about as he grows and fills my days with sunshine.







4 comments:

  1. I love that you are blogging. It's a great way to capture memories and share them with your loved ones. I can't wait to read more about Logan and I'm sure it will be special for you to look back a year from now and reread all the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you're blogging, and I love this first entry. Logan is beautiful and you are an amazing Momma. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great first post and I look forward to reading more about Logan!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You 3 are so very special to me and so supportive. I love you all very much and thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete